Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Wild Magic by Tamora Pierce

Description:

Young Daine's knack with horses gets her a job helping the royal horsemistress drive a herd of ponies to Tortall. Soon it becomes clear that Daine's talent, as much as she struggles to hide it, is downright magical. Horses and other animals not only obey, but listen to her words. Daine, though, will have to learn to trust humans before she can come to terms with her powers, her past, and herself.

My Review:

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Talk about a great book!  When I first read this book, I had never read anything by Ms. Pierce, but since then I’ve read quite a number of books by her, including all of the Immortal series. 

Great points for this book:

·        Daine:  She is a great character that is scared of herself and what she can do.  After her family is killed, she goes “wild” and only after  some time has passed does she come back to her human side.  She is scared that if she isn’t careful, that she will go “wild” again. 
·        Numair:  He is great, as he is very accepting, and willing to teach Daine everything she needs to know about her wild magic.  The creativity and the patience he has are just great.
·        Cloud:  Hilarious and wonderfully sarcastic at times, but she is also a great and wise mentor.  I can see how she is a great comfort and rock in Daine’s life. 
·        All the creatures involved in this story.  Some are known mythological creatures, some I’ve never even heard of.  It is interesting to be introduced to some that I’d never thought could be in existence. 

Overall, I think this is a great book, and a wonderful beginning to this series.  I highly recommend this book.


Happy Reading!


Cana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!