Saturday, May 12, 2012

Prince of Wolves by Quinn Loftis

Description:


Jaque Pierce was just an ordinary 17 year old girl getting ready to start her senior year in high school in Coldspring, Texas. When a mysterious foreign exchange student from Romania moves in across the street, Jacque and her two best friends, Sally and Jen, don't realize the last two weeks of their summer was going to get a lot more interesting. From the moment Jacque sets eyes on Fane she feels an instant connection, a pull like a moth to a flame. Little does she know that the flame she is drawn to is actually a Canis lupis, werewolf, and she just happens to be his mate; the other half of his soul. The problem is Fane is not the only wolf in Coldspring, Texas. Just as Fane and Jacque are getting to know each other, another wolf steps out to try and claim Jacque as his mate. Fane will now have to fight for the right to complete the mating bond, something that is his right by birth but is being denied him by a crazed Alpha. Will the love Fane has for Jacque be enough to give him the strength to defeat his enemy, will Jacque accept that she is Fane's mate and complete the bond between them?


My Review:




My rating: 4 of 5 stars

So this was a great little book, especially if you like werewolves, romance, and just a bit of mystery mixed with drama.
This book had some great characters.  I thought Fane was a great character.  He is a gentleman, which for me automatically make him a more appealing character.  Jacque is very likable, and she kind of reminds me of myself in my teen years (without my werewolf soul mate :P).  Jen and Sally are absolutely hilarious!  They definitely keep the story interesting with their lingo, and commentary on the events going on in the book.  My only issue seems to be how bad a nympho Jen behaves.  The fact that her friends call her a nympho is bad. 
Story wise, this was a good book.  I must say that it was a bit refreshing not to have a “Twilight” model book. I thought it was a great premise, and was on the edge of my seat towards the end.  I must admit that it was amazing towards the end. 
I really only had 2 problems through this whole novel.  First, the author doesn’t know how to spell y’all.  Throughout the whole book, she spells it “ya’ll”, which is incorrect.  And as a Southern, I appreciate when an author will spell it correctly. 
My second issue with this book was something more along the lines of format.  It was primarily caused because I had a hard time with the Romanian words.  The format I had, didn’t handle the accents for most of the words (putting ? in place of the accents.  Pretty much made it look like gibberish!), plus it would have been helpful if the Romanian had been in italics.  Also, sometimes it would have been helpful to have a glossary for both the common Romanian words and the terms of endearments used throughout the book. 
Overall, it was a good book, and I’m looking forward to reading more by Ms. Loftis.  



Happy Reading!


Cana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!