Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa



Description:

Allison Sekemoto has vowed to rescue her creator, Kanin, who is being held hostage and tortured by the psychotic vampire Sarren. The call of blood leads her back to the beginning—New Covington and the Fringe, and a vampire prince who wants her dead yet may become her wary ally.

Even as Allie faces shocking revelations and heartbreak like she’s never known, a new strain of the Red Lung virus that decimated humanity is rising to threaten human and vampire alike.

Review:

The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa
2 out of 5

Okay, I didn’t finish this book… And that makes me sad.  It isn’t that I didn’t want to, it was the fact that I couldn’t get into this book.  It felt like a slow moving, boring road trip, instead of the adventure I was expecting. 

So we start out with Ali’s hunt for her maker and his tormentor.  It took me a couple of chapters to figure out what exactly was going on.  It wasn’t that I had forgotten anything, but rather the beginning felt abrupt… like walking into the middle of a conversation.

When I realized that Ali had traveled all the way from what use to be Chicago all the way to Washington DC, I think it was only then that I truly realized the decimation on the human population due to the virus and the Rabids.  Even worse is the loss of knowledge do to the seclusion of what is left of the world.  Ali doesn’t recognize the Washington monument, the Lincoln monument, or the White House.  These are things that we grew up hearing about and seeing.  But in this dystopian future, the knowledge of the time before the virus is lost, hidden, or kept away from those who are still left. 

So, at this time I can’t recommend this book, but I think in a couple of months that I’ll try reading it again. But we’ll have to see.

Happy Reading!

Cana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!