Friday, June 21, 2013

Audio Book: Nice Girls Don’t Date Dead Men by Molly Harper


Description:

Following Nice Girls Don’t Have Fangs, the second in a hilarious, smart, sexy romantic series about an out-of-work librarian who is turned into a vampire.

With her best friend Zeb’s Titanic-themed wedding looming ahead, new vampire Jane Jameson struggles to develop her budding relationship with her enigmatic sire, Gabriel. It seems unfair that she’s expected to master undead dating while dealing with a groom heading for a nuptial nervous breakdown, his hostile werewolf in-laws, and the ugliest bridesmaid dress in the history of marriage.


Meanwhile, the passing of Jane’s future step-grandpa puts Grandma Ruthie back on the market. Her new fiancé, Wilbur, has his own history of suspiciously dead spouses, and he may or may not have died ten years ago. Half-Moon Hollow’s own Black Widow has finally met her match.

Should Jane warn her grandmother of Wilbur’s marital habits or let things run their course? Will Jane always be an undead bridesmaid, never the undead bride?

Review:

Nice Girls Don’t Date Dead Men by Molly Harper
4.5 out of 5

Poor Jane!  Coming out to her family that she is a vampire isn’t easy under normal circumstances… but her having to come out in the midst of dire circumstances makes it harder.  Plus, her grandmother and sister don’t make it any easier.  Personally, I’d like to kick their asses!

I must admit, I was a bit confused by Zeb.  I knew he had to be under a spell because of what he was saying and doing.  It was just very unusual for him.  Actually, I was not that surprised to find out that Mama Ginger had him magically influenced to do what he was doing, but it did make me not really like her.  And then I really wanted Jolene to do something about it.  She put up with a lot of crap and deserved some respect for not killing Mama Ginger.

OMGoodness!  Adam is a sick ass!  Why did Jane almost fall for it?  I wish she had kicked his ass so hard his future kids would have felt it!

Poor Mr. Wainwright!  He was such a sweet old man!  I hated that he died so early in the series… But I now hope that he and Aunt Jettie get to have a lot more fun together J.  But best still was what Mr. Wainwright found out about Dick.  Made for a semi happy ending to his life/unlife/death.

Wilbur is my first intro to a ghoul in Ms. Harper’s world.  And I must admit, he creeps me out.  Like majorly!  I really wish that Jane had staked him when she had the chance. 

Oh, the description of the dress made me laugh in pain of the monstrosity.  I loved it!  I pray I never have to wear one of those things… EVER!

Overall, this was a good book. I highly recommend it.

Happy Reading!

Cana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!