Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Demons by Heather Frost


Description:

Kate’s life is far from normal. She can see auras, her boyfriend is immortal, and her powers make her a target. But now that the Demon Lord is hunting her, things are about to go from dangerous to truly deadly. Packed with action, mind-blowing plot twists, and characters you can’t get enough of, this is a fast-paced, heart-pounding read from cover to cover.

My Review:


My rating: 2 of 5 stars


You know how you get these expectations about books. I mean, I’ve been dying to read the sequel to Seer for almost a year.  Unfortunately, as I started reading it, it just did not meet my expectations. 
What did I like?
·        I liked how consistent the book was with starting only a week after the last book ends.  Honestly, it was nice that it picked up so smoothly and realistically.  It was so seamless that it pointed out that I NEEDED to re-read the first book because I had forgotten a lot of stuff.
·        I like how the twin sisters are still interesting and a bit weird.  Like all little sisters, you can’t help but laugh at their behavior (or at least you can’t help it when you know that they aren’t your sisters!).
·        I think this book gave us a chance to get to know both grandparents better.  They are sweet people who have had to pick up the pieces of their lives as well as the lives of their grandchildren after a tragedy.  They are strong, and deep down inside they know that they are healing just as much as their granddaughters. 
What was my problem?
I just didn’t enjoy the passing of the book.  It was moving too slow, and I just couldn’t get into it.
On top of that, the fact that I found that there were too many things going on (secrets between Kate and Patrick, the love thing going on with her friend and Tony, the unknown demon that is on his way… the importance of Kate), it was like trying to cram 5 or 6 story lines into one tiny little book. 

Overall, I didn’t even finish this book.  Sad, I know, considering how much I was looking forward to it.  Will I try reading it again?  Yes, because I do like the way this author writes.  But will I try reading it in the near future?  Not at this time. 
So why don’t you read it and let me know what you think about it!

Happy Reading!

Cana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!