Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard

Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is: 


Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard




Description:
There’s something strange and deadly loose in Philadelphia… 


Eleanor Fitt has a lot to worry about. Her brother has gone missing, her family has fallen on hard times, and her mother is determined to marry her off to any rich young man who walks by. But this is nothing compared to what she’s just read in the newspaper— 


The Dead are rising in Philadelphia. 


And then, in a frightening attack, a zombie delivers a letter to Eleanor…from her brother. 


Whoever is controlling the Dead army has taken her brother as well. If Eleanor is going to find him, she’ll have to venture into the lab of the notorious Spirit-Hunters, who protect the city from supernatural forces. But as Eleanor spends more time with the Spirit-Hunters, including their maddeningly stubborn yet handsome inventor, Daniel, the situation becomes dire. And now, not only is her reputation on the line, but her very life may hang in the balance.


Why?

  1. Secret supernatural group that protects a city against the supernatural forces?  Zombies taking over Philadelphia?  Girl who doesn't want to be married off to just any one because their family is in hard times?  Sounds like a great book!  
  2. Beautiful cover.  I think I'm in love with the gloves and dress....
  3. Kind of sound steampunk, but the description doesn't really tell you much, except that her "reputation is on the line"
  4. ZOMBIES!  Why not?
What are you waiting for?


Happy Reading!


Cana

7 comments:

  1. OOh very nice! Love the cover!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not typically a zombie fan...but this one sounds pretty good! Nice pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to read this as well! It sounds fabulous, and the cover is amazing! Great pick!

    My WoW

    My Giveaway- Signed HC of Anna and the French Kiss

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't do zombies, they always give me nightmares lol. It's too bad too because there have been some pretty awesome sounding books about them that I wish I could read. Maybe I'll give one a shot sometime just to see :) I love this cover!

    Tiffany(new follower!)
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you are going to try zombies without the nightmares, I'd try Dearly Departed. Great book! And the zombies (the good ones at least) are really likable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesomesauce! This was my pick last week it sounds amazing!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen this book a lot. I like the cover. It looks a little scary. The book sounds interesting! Great pick! Thank you for sharing!

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!