Sunday, December 18, 2011

Hellsbane by Paige Cuccaro

Description


Emma Jane Hellsbane always knew she was different, but she had no idea she wasn’t even human. Well, at least she’s half-human. She’s half-fallen angel, too, and now dear ol’ dad wants her dead. All the Fallen angels want all their troublesome offspring removed from the mortal coil so she’s trying not to take it personally. Besides, she wants him dead just as much. Her father’s death is the only way she’ll be forgiven for his sin, stop those pesky demons from trying to hack off her head, and have any hope at all of getting back to a normal life as a wicked slick Intuitive Consciousness Explorer. 

Of course, first she’ll have to figure out which fallen angel is her father, avoid accidentally seducing her angelic mentor, help an old friend conquer his own fallen sperm donor, and basically save the world from a cataclysmic divine smack down. 

No problem. With a last name like Hellsbane, Emma Jane was definitely born for the job



My Review




My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Emma Hellsbane thinks she is just a little abnormal as a psychic. Little does she know that when she opens her door, that the truth about how abnormal she is, is about to come out. As a half angel warrior, an illorum, her only job is to destroy the Fallen who rapped human women to produce the nephiliams. With the help of Tommy, another half angel, and Eli, her "handler" angel, she must face the truth about angels, demons, and God.


Wow! I loved this book!  Like, I hate that I'm having to wait now for book #2 kind of love this book. 


Emma has always felt different, but when she finds out why she is different, she is kind of skeptical. But then again, who wouldn't be? Worse, before she had never really believed in God, and now (of all things), she is given a big flashing, sword welding sign that, yep, God exists. I loved reading her struggle with accepting angels, demons, and God. People can say all they want that they believe or don't believe, but when the real proof comes to light, who can actually say that they wouldn't handle it with the same amount of disbelief?


Tommy and Eli were great characters on different ends of the spectrum. Tommy is a guy stuck as a illorum until he can kill his Fallen father. He wants to go back to his normal life, and doesn't believe everything that Eli tells him. He thinks that the angels are just using them, and he can't help but feel helpless and used. Eli, on the other hand, truly believes in the good of the missions of the illorums. He has been on earth for centuries, and he has seen the good and the bad of all the world, and yet he still works towards keeping himself pure. Though in the case of Emma, it seems to be harder for him.


I will say that my one irritation with this whole book was the amount of sexual tension. I mean, the sexual tension between Emma and Tommy (which was allowed, I mean, he hadn't had a girlfriend in 5 years... Gotta be stressful), the HUGE amount of sexual tension between Emma and Eli. Oh my goodness, I wanted her to just shove him on her bed, stripe him down and have her way with him, whether he would turn into the Fallen or not. I mean that is how much tension I read!


I did love the cliff hanger of this novel. One of the Fallen seems to know something special about her, but he is killed by Emma before revealing the information. You really want to know what it is about her that makes her so special. I REALLY WANT TO KNOW!! But I guess this is another reason to read the next book!




Happy Reading!


Cana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!