Friday, May 17, 2013

Twice Tempted by Jeaniene Frost

Twice Tempted (Night Prince, #2)



Description:

Dating the Prince of Darkness has its challenges...

Leila's psychic abilities have been failing her, and now she isn't sure what the future holds. If that weren't enough, her lover, Vlad, has been acting distant. Though Leila is a mere mortal, she's also a modern woman who refuses to accept the cold shoulder treatment forever–especially from the darkly handsome vampire who still won't admit that he loves her.

Like choosing between eternal love and a loveless eternity...

Soon circumstances send Leila back to the carnival circuit, where tragedy strikes. And when she finds herself in the crosshairs of a killer who may be closer than she realizes, Leila must decide who to trust– the fiery vampire who arouses her passions like no other or the tortured knight who longs to be more than a friend? With danger stalking her every step of the way, all it takes is one wrong move to damn her for eternity.

Review:

Twice Tempted by Jeannine Frost
5 out of 5

Let me tell you how badly I’ve waited for this book.  When I discovered that it was at the Walmart the Friday before it was to be released, I begged my mom to go out in her pajamas and to go get it for me and bring it to me at work on 3rd shift.  Of course, I now owe my mother, but this book is so good, that it is really kind of worth it!

So, Vlad is one of the sexiest vampires in all of the world… But I think he is at his sexiest when Ms. Frost writes about him!  Yummy is all that I can say J

This novel has a lot to do with change.  I loved the changes in Leila.  How in the end she became as ruthless as Vlad (Oh, yeah, I really did love that!), and even how she changed physically.  I was kind of expecting it, but I did enjoy the surprise of how it happened.  Definitely unique.

Then there are the changes in Vlad.  He becomes more “open” to showing and saying how he feels about Leila to Leila.  How he planned the wedding!  Well, let me tell you, Vlad would be planning mine if I could make it happen!

Again, we get some Marty.  Marty is really a great character… I think he deserves a story.  Like maybe a novella (hint, hint!).

OMGoodness!  I loved the little bit of Cat & Bones we got to see.  Granted, it was really more Cat than Bones, but I know in my heart of hearts that Bones was chuckling heartily in the background.  Karmas a bitch and the reminder of that definitely helped to make this story rocking awesome!  (On a side note, I love how Leila and Vlad’s relationship reminds me of Cat and Bone’s.  It is deep dwelling, eternal, and sexy as hell!)

I really do not want to have to wait for the next book… I loved this book so much, what with the action, the romance, and Vlad the Impaler! 

I highly recommend this book!  I think it is amazing, and if you haven’t read the other books by Ms. Frost, I declare a state of emergency and demand/require that you do!

Happy Reading!

Cana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!