Thursday, May 2, 2013

Audio Book: Pleasure Unbound by Larissa Ione


Description:

In a place where ecstasy can cost you your life . . . 

She's a demon-slayer who hungers for sensual pleasure-but fears it will always be denied her. Until Tayla Mancuso lands in a hospital run by demons in disguise, and the head doctor, Eidolon, makes her body burn with unslakable desire. But to prove her ultimate loyalty to her peers, she must betray the surgeon who saved her life. 

Two lovers will dare to risk all.

Eidolon cannot resist this fiery, dangerous woman who fills him with both rage and passion. Not only is she his avowed enemy, but she could very well be the hunter who has been preying upon his people. Torn between his need for the truth and his quest to find his perfect mate before a horrific transformation claims him forever, Eidolon will dare the unthinkable-and let Tayla possess him, body and soul . . .

Review:

Pleasure Unbound by Larissa Ione
4 out of 5

So this is the first book that I have ever read/listened to by Ms. Iona, and let me tell you that I’m now hooked!  The whole thing was so delicious that if it wasn’t that I had to pay bills, I’d be buying more of this series!

So what did I like?

As an introduction, I must admit that it is very interesting. Getting to know the types of demons, what they can do, and such definitely added a whole new level to my paranormal appreciation.

I loved getting to know the characters.  Tayla and E are both really cool.  They are both wounded warriors, each in different ways.  And in many ways they need each other to not only heal each other’s wounds, but also to complete each other. 

I liked the mystery of who was stealing organs from the demons, and the twist that I didn’t see coming.  Always nice to have a twist or two that you don’t see coming!

What I might have had a problem with?

I think that the beginning of the novel jumped in as if you already knew a lot of stuff (which I didn’t), and that was a bit confusing.  But, I pressed on and ended up loving this book.

I didn’t really like hearing the slayers’ POVs.  I know, you should know your enemy as much as your favorite characters, but I could really do without. 

I had a hard time with how the audio book kept switching POV without so much as a hint until they said the name of who’s POV it is.  Unfortunately, this probably would have been better to actually read the book instead of listening to it as an audio book.

Overall? 

This was a great book!  I loved almost every moment of it, and look forward to reading more of this series.  Highly recommend this book.

Happy Reading!

Cana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!