Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Moonglow by Kristen Callihan

Description:


Once the seeds of desire are sown . . .


Finally free of her suffocating marriage, widow Daisy Ellis Craigmore is ready to embrace the pleasures of life that have long been denied her. Yet her new-found freedom is short lived. A string of unexplained murders has brought danger to Daisy's door, forcing her to turn to the most unlikely of saviors . . .


Their growing passion knows no bounds . . .


Ian Ranulf, the Marquis of Northrup, has spent lifetimes hiding his primal nature from London society. But now a vicious killer threatens to expose his secrets. Ian must step out of the shadows and protect the beautiful, fearless Daisy, who awakens in him desires he thought long dead. As their quest to unmask the villain draws them closer together, Daisy has no choice but to reveal her own startling secret, and Ian must face the undeniable truth: Losing his heart to Daisy may be the only way to save his soul.


My Review:


My rating: 4 of 5 stars


In the sequel to Firelight, we get a better introduction to Daisy, Miranda’s sister, and Ian Ranulf. We got glimpses of them in Firelight, but now we get a beautiful eye-full (literally since we are reading) about who they are. 

While Firelight seemed to be a version of Beauty and the Beast, I think Moonglow is a version of Little Red Riding Hood, and a yummy one at that.  Not only is Daisy little Red, there are two wolves vying for her. Plus someone else who is causing trouble.  I think that is what makes this book so enjoyable.  You want to know who actual trouble maker is, who survive and who will not. 

I thought I loved Miranda from Firelight, but Daisy stole my attention immediately.  Her own self-worth has been almost destroyed by her deceased husband and though she tries to play it off that she doesn’t care, she is wandering around with an empty hole that is begging to be filled.  You honestly want to just hold her and let her cry on your shoulder.  But you admire her for carrying on, trying to prove to her deceased husband that she is worth something.

I didn’t really like Ian at first.  I honestly thought he was a giant ass (and for the most part, I wasn’t too far off), but he grew on me like a fine fungus.  Now, I can say that he was an enjoyable character that had many flaws.  I think the reason that I didn’t like him as much was because of the walls he had built due to the pains of his sins.  Once the walls were exposed, and what was behind them released, he was a character you could easily cheer on to succeed in life. 

I loved the theme of this book:  Redemption.  In a lot of ways, it was about redemption in their own eyes.  Knowing that the past has no control other than what you give it, and that holding onto the past prevents any future.

I loved how this book gave explanation on Miranda’s gift… And to top it off, a wonderful twist is given (sorry, no spoilers).  Definitely makes me want to learn more about the Ellis family. 

There is a wonderful set up for the next book, and I really, really don’t want to have to wait for it.  L  I hope for it to come soon!

I highly recommend this book, and I’m looking forward to the next one. 





Happy Reading!


Cana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!