Thursday, May 3, 2012

The Girl in the Clockwork Collar by Kady Cross

Description:


In New York City, 1897, life has never been more thrilling - or dangerous. 

Sixteen-year-old Finley Jayne and her "straynge band of mysfits" have journeyed from London to America to rescue their friend Jasper, hauled off by bounty hunters. But Jasper is in the clutches of a devious former friend demanding a trade-the dangerous device Jasper stole from him...for the life of the girl Jasper loves. 

One false move from Jasper and the strange clockwork collar around Mei's neck tightens. And tightens.



My Review:



My rating: 2 of 5 stars

When I first read the series’ first book, The Girl in the Steel Corset, I loved the idea of it, loved that book, and was looking forward to the next one in the series.  Unfortunately, this book did not live up to my hopes, and to the point where I didn’t finish the book. 

Let explain a few of the reasons I put this book down.  I found the flow of this book to be uneven and stilted.  I made it to about half way through the book, and I just had to put it down.  I also felt that the characters had taken whole steps backwards from where they were at the end of the first book.  Example:  The relationships between Emily & Sam, and Finley & Griffon.  At the end of the first book, I thought it was all settled at least between Emily & Sam, but obviously that is not the case. 

To top off all the irritations of this book, I must say trying to pull out the whole backstory about Jack is like pulling teeth.  I don’t have the whole story, don’t understand what is going on, and I was trying to figure out too much without any help from the book.

I might actually pick it up again, but at this time, I swear it won’t be anytime soon. So at this time, I can’t recommend this book at all. 

Happy Reading!



Cana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!