Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Banshee Charmer by Tiffany Alee

Description:

When she’s sent to a crime scene and finds her second dead woman in as many weeks, half-banshee detective Kiera “Mac” McLoughlin is convinced a serial killer is on the loose. Incubi are extinct, her boss insists. But what else can kill a woman in the throes of pleasure? When her partner is murdered after using witchcraft to locate the killer and Mac is thrown off the case, her frustration turns to desperation.

Certain the killer is an incubus, Mac works behind her department’s back to chase down slim, sometimes perilous leads. While the killer eludes her, she does discover handsome Aidan Byrne, an investigative counterpart from the enigmatic Otherworlder Enforcement Agency. Mac typically runs her investigations fast and hard, but with Aidan at her side, she’s running this one “hot” as well. But Aidan knows more than he’s letting on—something that could shatter their blazing romance and add Mac to the killer’s growing body count…

My Review:


My rating: 4 of 5 stars

What an amazing book!  Let me tell you the only problem that I had with it was when I finished it!  I could have kept reading it, honestly, as I loved everything about this book. 

I loved the chemistry between the lead characters, Mac and Aidan.  To me it was like a recipe for a decadent cake, like the you-tell-your-friend/boyfriend/husband-that-you-need-a-glass-of-milk-for-so-that-you-can-shove-it-all-in-your-mouth-so-you-don’t-have-to-share decadent cake.  In the real world that recipe would look like this: 1 part Mac + 1 part Aidan = Absolutely Freaking Delicious hotness.  And not only did it start out hot, but it just continued to burn through the rest of the book.  I loved how the whole chemistry started out as a pure irritation (on Mac’s part), and turned into pure lust and then maybe it might become something more. 

I think this book had the best characters.  I loved Aidan’s cockiness.  I mean, he just oozed it, especially when trying to irritate Mac.  To add to the cockiness, you add the sex appeal and you can’t help but love him.  (And yes, I knew exactly what he was, before and especially after he makes the smart ass comment to Mac about him being a sex god.)

I also really enjoyed Mac.   She is just one great character.  She is naturally insecure as a ½ banshee living in a world where she is surrounded by “normal” humans.  But she is stronger than she realizes.  She is determined, loyal, and stupidly brave.   She is the character that you want to be real and be your best friend just because she is so dependable… and that way you both can get in trouble together.  

Overall, this is a great book, with a great resolution.  There are a few twists that I wasn’t expecting and a storyline that kept me wanting to read more.  I highly recommend this book, and look forward to hearing what y’all think of it too.  



Happy Reading!


Cana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!