Monday, August 25, 2014

The Guard by Kiera Cass


Description:

Before America Singer met Prince Maxon . . . 
Before she entered the Selection . . . 
She was in love with a boy named Aspen Leger.

Review:


The Guard by Kiera Cass
4 out of 5

I have never really liked Aspen.  So, I delayed as much as I could reading this novella.  Now I will say that by the end, I didn't dislike Aspen as much as I did before, but I still don't like him.  


I liked that Aspen isn't such an ass, like I had originally though.  He wants to protect those he loves, which in his mind means pushing them away a lot.  I don't like it, but it makes him more understandable.

Oooh... More secrets.  Between the King's Office and the Mail room, many secrets are being shared and destroyed.  I wonder what else we'll learn in The One.

Oh how I wish that Aspen would go after Lucy.  I think they would make such a cute couple, especially since he seems to make her calm, to ease her nerves.  

I think my biggest problem with this story is how blind Aspen is, how whiny he is, and how judgmental he is about Maxon, especially when he is doing a lot of similar things. 

Overall, this was a good story.  I definitely recommend this novella.  
Happy Reading!

Cana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!