Monday, August 18, 2014

The Darkest Seduction by Gena Showalter


Description:

Possessed by the demon of Promiscuity, immortal warrior Paris is irresistibly seductive, but his potent allure comes at a terrible price. Every night he must bed someone new, or weaken and die. And the woman he craves above all others is the one woman he thought was forever beyond his reach until now. 

Newly possessed by the demon of Wrath, Sienna Blackstone is racked by a ruthless need to punish those around her. Yet in Paris's arms, the vulnerable beauty finds soul-searing passion and incredible peace. Until a blood feud between ancient enemies heats up.

Will the battle against gods, angels and creatures of the night bind them eternally or tear them apart?

Review:

The Darkest Seduction by Gena Showalter
5 out of 5

Yay!  The book we had all been waiting for!  Yes, I know I'm 2 years late, but I've been waiting since Paris lost Sienna.  And let me tell you, I wasn't as disappointed as I was expecting.


On a side note to the publishing company about book covers:  Please, for the love of Pete, please, please, please actually try to get the art department descriptions of what the characters look like.  Don't put a violet-eyed, exotic looking woman on the cover when in the book she is a hazel-eyed, average looking woman.  Come on!  Get with it!

OMGoodness!  More is revealed about Galen... And I also don't know how I feel about him going after Legion or how he gets her.  But I do find it interesting what potentially might happen.  

I loved when William threatened Zacharel about feeding him his liver, and his response is that it is too salty... Hilarious!  I think it didn't work as planned by William, but it definitely made for an entertaining bit of conversation in this book.

Oh, the babies!  Wow!  I personally wasn't expecting them to be so potentially evil and undeniably cute... And their names are definitely unique.  Not names I would have picked, but definitely unique.  

Viola & her (male) vampiric Tasmanian devil, Princess Fluffykins was hilarious! I could not resist laughing at her.  Even though she is a self-absorbed (thanks to her demon), she brought a light-heartedness to the story that we definitely needed.  And even with that, I wonder, will she get her own story where we find out what she has forced herself to forget?

Gosh, I! Hate! Cronus! &! Rhea! Their bloody bickering hurt so many people unnecessarily.   But, I must say that I was pleased with what happened to them.  I mean, it was definitely a surprise with what happened to them... I never saw it coming. 

I'm so curious about the Unspoken Ones... What are they going to do?  Who are they going after?  And will they ever be restrained again?

So what a big turn of events for Sienna.  I do wonder how this will effect the coming war.

So, I really want to now read the angel spin-off series!   I'm kind of excited to see what will happen to Zacharel.   

Overall, this was a good book, a great end to the overlying story arc of Sienna & Paris, and to finally get some resolutions.  For all the Lord of the Underworlds fans, this is a must read!  I highly recommend it!

Happy Reading!

Cana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!