Monday, July 14, 2014

The Darkest Secret by Gena Showalter


Description:

In this sexy new installment of Showalter's bestselling Lords of the Underworld series, the haunted Amun meets a woman who tempts him like no other...

Keeper of the demon of Secrets, Amun can manipulate the darkest thoughts of anyone nearby. But when the immortal warrior is chained and isolated to protect those he loves, death is his only hope of release—until he meets Haidee, a fellow prisoner whose beauty and hidden vulnerability draw him into a reckless test of his loyalty.

Haidee is a demon-assassin, raised to despise Amun's kind. Yet how can she hate the man whose touch sets her aflame? But to save him, she must give herself body and soul...and face the wrath of a powerful adversary sworn to destroy her.

Review:
The Darkest Secret by Gena Showalter

5 out of 5

The first few chapters weren't my favorite.  And let me tell you why.  I honestly didn't like the beginning of this book because Strider is an ass, Amun is darkly evil, and Haidee is trying to escape.  Ugh... But thankfully, I kept reading, and the story FINALLY got better and caught my attention in its delicious clutches and refused to let me go!

So, again, we learn something new about William... I really feel that we are suppose to be putting together a board of all the clues we get about him, so that by the time we get to his book, we'll have everything figured out.  But back on subject, the fact that William can see dead people is kind of cool... But what a horrible way to find out.  And poor Paris... Its so NOT fair!  Can we get to Paris' sexily-ever-after already?

Oh, this book is really about a lot of secrets!  With Haidee, her's is the biggest secret of all.  It explains so much though. And when you finally find out what the secret is and what it means, you will be surprised... I mean, I didn't see it coming!

Wow, another journey through Hell, and this one is definitely different from the first.  I mean, this one was a bit less dreary, a lot more wit and action occurred, and it was extremely more colorful.  

Discovering Hate and then finally meeting him was interesting... So glad everything seems to be resolved with him... I don't know how much more I would have been able to take of him.  

Favorite part of the book:  The prank call was hilarious!  Even though it didn't turn out the way the guys wanted or planned it, it was still pretty funny.  

Okay, the whole Strider part of this story was not my favorite (again!).  I mean, Strider just kept getting on my nerves.  I really wish that Kaia would just kick his ass.  And yet, thankfully, Amun did it and that made me very happy!

OOOOH, I want more of the Horsemen.  They sound so interesting and potentially hilarious!  Can we get some Horsemen novels, Ms. Showalter?  Please?   I promise to be a good reader and read them all!

I LOVE (pun intended) what happened in the end for Haidee... And for Amun.  They both need a happily-ever-after.  

Overall, this is an AMAZING book.  I highly recommend this book and the series!Happy Reading!

Cana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!