Monday, July 7, 2014

The Darkest Passion by Gena Showalter


Description:

For weeks, the immortal warrior Aeron has sensed an invisible female presence. An angel-demon-assassin has been sent to kill him. Or has she? Olivia claims she fell from the heavens, giving up immortality because she couldn't bear to harm him. But trusting - and falling for - Olivia will endanger them all. So how has this mortal with the huge blue eyes already unleashed Aeron's darkest passion?

With an enemy hot on his trail and his faithful demon companion determined to remove Olivia from his life, Aeron is trapped between duty and consuming desire. Worse still, a new executioner has been sent to do the job Olivia wouldn't...

Review:

The Darkest Passion by Gena Showalter
5 out of 5

Olivia is such an interesting character.  She is almost the perfect mix of innocent and worldly knowledge.  And a lot of her moments made me giggle at her thought process... Like how she was going to seduce Aeron.  Also the fact that she is obviously a Disney princess (i.e. the animals) is hilarious!


Aeron is such a whiny baby.  He really needed an ass kicking to get his head on straight.  Especially when he challenged the gods to send him a woman who he would want to chase (be careful what you pray for!)... Still, that part was pretty funny.  His sacrifice to save his friends, Legion, & Olivia did make me like him more.  

Poor Legion... Making a deal with the devil is always dangerous.  But her behavior, her desire to have Aeron no mater what, makes her an unlikeable character.  I can't say that she got what she deserved, but I hope she finds her happiness and the love that she craves one day.  Though, what happened to her and Galen does make me wonder...

OMGoodness!  The fact that the Titans are also Lords... I was kinda of expecting that, but Ack!  What a huge ball of trouble that will be coming as they figure out who is what.

Awe, Ashlyn and Maddox are having *Slaps hand over mouth!* Sorry, no spoilers, but still, what you find out when you read this book about the pregnancy is very exciting.  It sounds like a very good thing!

Poor, poor Gilly.  We find out why she was a runaway (though I was expecting something like this).  The confirmation of what happened to her is still heartbreaking.  I hope that she is healing from her past, not just trying to ignore it.  

Scarlet & Gideon... OMGoodness!  I don't know if I should be excited or scared.  But I can't wait to find out!

Gosh, why can't Aeron and Olivia catch a break!  If it isn't one of them being difficult, it is an external source causing the issues!  Like more frustrating issues than any of the others had. Ugh!

Wow! So, it was nice to finally meet Pandora and Baden.   Though it wasn't expected, I must admit that I like Baden and I would like to get to know him better.  He seemed to be pretty cool.  But I do agree with Baden about Pandora.  She is a real bitch, and I hope she is stuck there for forever.  Oh, and what an interesting twist that Pandora points out to us... Makes you wonder where this is leading.... Hmmm

I was so glad about the ending.  I was kind of scared of what was going to happen.  But Ms. Showalter saved the day and gave us a wonderful happy ending.  

And the funniest thing in the entire book was when Aeron starts cracking penis jokes during sex... A bit creepy, but hilarious.  

Overall, this was an awesome book!  I highly recommend it and the series.  



Happy Reading!

Cana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!