Thursday, March 20, 2014

One Lucky Vampire by Lynsay Sands


Description:

Luck be a vampire tonight . . .

When Nicole Phillips agreed to hire a housekeeper, she pictured someone a little frumpy and almost certainly female. Instead, she gets gorgeous, unmistakably male Jake Colson. The man is proving indispensable in the kitchen—and everywhere else. Except Jake might not be a mortal man at all.

. . . and every night

Who wouldn't want to be a tall, dark, powerful vampire? Jake, for one. He's barely had time to adjust to his new state before he's roped into a family favor. Still, secretly playing bodyguard to sweet, sexy Nicole is turning out to be the wildest ride of his life. First he'll put a stop to whoever's targeting her. Then he'll prove that this kind of love, and luck, happens only once in an eternity.

Review:

One Lucky Vampire by Lynsay Sands
4 out of 5

I barely remember meeting Jake, then Stephano, in one of the earlier books... But I'm glad we got more information on what happened to him.  I think it helps give us a full circle to Ms. Sands' stories.  

At times, I can't tell if Nicole is just naive or whether she is afraid to admit things.  There were times that she just didn't seem to get it.  

I love the twins, especially when Jake is trying to explain immortals, lifemates, and that there was nothing to be afraid of.  Another plus, is their sense of humor... Definitely had me giggling several times.  

I really liked how Jake was still so new to being a vampire, even though he had been one for 7 years.  It really made this book a great reminder of what it means to be an immortal.  

Can I just say that Argueu-Notte family tree is starting to get confusing.  A family tree in the book might be needed again!

I liked how the actual villain wasn't actually who they were thinking it was.  Instead, it was a nice surprise with who it was, and why he was doing it.  

Overall, this was a good book and a quick read.  Definitely recommend this book.
Happy Reading!

Cana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!