Monday, March 31, 2014

MacRieve by Kresley Cole


Description:

A Beast In Torment

Uilleam MacRieve believed he’d laid to rest the ghosts of his boyhood. But when a brutal torture revives those ancient agonies and destroys his Lykae instinct, the proud Scot craves the oblivion of death. Until he finds her—a young human so full of spirit and courage that she pulls him back from the brink.

A Beauty In Chains

Seized for the auction block, Chloe Todd is forced to enter a terrifying new world of monsters and lore as a bound slave. When offered up to creatures of the dark, she fears she won’t last the night. Until she’s claimed by him—a tormented immortal with heartbreaking eyes, whose touch sets her blood on fire.

A Full Moon On The Rise 

With enemies circling, MacRieve spirits Chloe away to the isolated Highland keep of his youth. But once he takes her to his bed, his sensual mate becomes something more than human, evoking his savage past and testing his sanity. On the cusp of the full moon, can he conquer his worst nightmare to save Chloe . . . from himself?

Review:
MacRieve by Kresley Cole

5 out of 5

OMGoodness!  The hotness of this book!  It was full of hot-chocolate-covered-in-yummy-goodness moments, and I hate that this book had to end!  Especially the way it ended!  ARGH!  Ms. Cole, you are driving me mad!

Poor MacRieve!  All the shit he went through, all the misconceptions that he and the others created... I felt rbad for him.  But once he figured out what he needed to do, and once he learned and saw the truth of what it would men to be with Chloe eternally, the book went from somber and dark to wall-rocking awesomeness.  

Chloe is such a strong character.  Even when MacRieve was verbally bashing her, she kept proving that she was stronger than even she knew.  And personally, I loved her spunk!

I loved getting to learn about the Incubi, Succubi, and the cambion of the Lore.  Definitely eye opening and a fresh take on those creatures.  I especially liked meeting Nieve and Gisela.  They definitely didn't fit the stereotype of a succubus. 

Nix is forever keeping the Lore moving the way she sees that it needs to.  I love when she messes with things.  She adds a spice to the lives of others, though it might make you a bit crazy because of it.  She is one of those that makes you go, "I like her spark".  :0)

Poor, poor Monroe.  Will his mate survive?  Or will she be lost?  I hate not knowing... And having to wait.... Sigh!

I cannot wait for the next book!  Omgoodness!  The wait is going to kill me.  Overall, this is a great book, and I highly recommend it!
Happy Reading!

Cana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!