Thursday, February 6, 2014

The Vespertine by Saundra Mitchell

Description:

It’s the summer of 1889, and Amelia van den Broek is new to Baltimore and eager to
take in all the pleasures the city has to offer. But her gaiety is interrupted by disturbing,
dreamlike visions she has only at sunset—visions that offer glimpses of the future.
Soon, friends and strangers alike call on Amelia to hear her prophecies. But when one
of her darkest visions comes to pass, Amelia’s world is thrown into chaos. And those
around her begin to wonder if she’s not the seer of dark portents, but the cause.


Review:
The Vespertine by Saundra Mitchell
1 out of 5

Chapter 1 confused me so much... It should have been a prologue or something, because it was hard to want to read the rest of the book after being confused by that one chapter.  

But I continued on, and didn't enjoy it.  For me, the book moved slow, like molasses on a cold day.  I tried to get to the half way point, but I couldn't.  The book was just not attention-grabbing for me.  

Overall, I can't recommend this book.  I just can't say that this is the best book ever.  But if you liked this book, let me know why.  

Happy Reading!

Cana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!