Thursday, April 25, 2013

Audio Book: Dark Desire After Dusk by Kresley Cole


Description:

A seductive beauty he can never have, yet can't resist...
Cadeon Woede will stop at nothing to atone for the one wrong that will haunt him forever. But once he secures the key to his redemption, the halfling Holly Ashwin, Cade finds that the woman he thought he could use for his own ends and then forget haunts him as much as his past.

A tormented warrior she should fear, but can't deny... 
Raised as a human, Holly never knew that some frightening legends are real until she encounters a brutal demon who inexplicably guards her like a treasure. Thrust into a sensual new world of myth and power, with him as her protector, she begins to crave the demon's wicked touch.

Surrender to dark desires...
Yet just when he earns Holly's trust, will Cade be forced to betray the only woman who can sate his wildest needs -- and claim his heart?

Review:

Dark Desire After Dusk by Kresley Cole
5 out of 5

What do you get when you mix a demon mercenary & a half-Valkyrie mathematician?  One hot story that adds up… I know, I know, puns are not sexy, but this book definitely is!

The Characters:

Holly

Holly is definitely a character I can relate to. Her need for order and control over everything made her very real.  Plus, her constant avoidance of anything that would make her lose control was definitely relatable on so many levels. 

I can’t imagine the shock of living almost 2.5 decades only to discover that who you are and what you are is not what you thought.  And even with all of that, I think she still handled it pretty well.

I thought Holly getting drunk was just too funny!  Anyone’s first time of being drunk (as long as it isn’t you) is generally pretty funny, but her circumstances just made it funnier.

I loved the changes for Holly.  She went from being an OCD human mathematician who was scared of everything to an OCD Valkyrie who was strong and capable of taking care of herself.  I loved that.

Cade

He seems like such an ass, but he really is a good guy trying to hide his hurt from his past.  Kind of want to comfort the big demon lug… Right after I take advantage of him.  ;P

I have always thought that pay back is a bitch, and there is no better way to show that then when Cade got drunk.  I think Cade’s drunken interrogation was better than Holly’s.

It did bother me how he kept thinking he could give her up.  But when he did, he went almost kind of crazy.  Stupid man.

Overall:

So… A vessel, huh?  Thought the whole conversation was hilarious. 

I liked how we got a better introduction to the world of demons.  I made for a very interesting and entertaining book.

I love Nucking Futs Nix.  She is definitely one of my favorite characters from this entire series.

Yes, there are some definite cliché moments, but they were delicious clichés that made the story fun. 

Overall, I loved this book, and I highly recommend it.


Happy Reading!

Cana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!