Sunday, October 23, 2011

Pegasus by Robin McKinley

Description:


A gorgeously written fantasy about the friendship between a princess and her Pegasus. 

Because of a thousand-year-old alliance between humans and pagasi, Princess Sylviianel is ceremonially bound to Ebon, her own Pegasus, on her twelfth birthday. The two species coexist peacefully, despite the language barriers separating them. Humans and pegasi both rely on specially-trained Speaker magicians as the only means of real communication.

But its different for Sylvi and Ebon. They can understand each other. They quickly grow close-so close that their bond becomes a threat to the status quo-and possibly to the future safety of their two nations.

New York Times bestselling Robin McKinley weaves an unforgettable tale of unbreakable friendship, mythical creatures and courtly drama destined to become a classic.



My Review:




My rating: 4 of 5 stars


In a land where all human royalty are bound to the race of Pegasus that also inhabit the land. In the past, translators in the form of mages have been the only way for communication to occur between the humans and the pegasi, but Ebon the Pegasus and Princess Sylvi have defied years of tradition by actually being able to understand each other and being able to communicate without the assistance of a mage. And when everything they thought to be true is challenged, choices are made that will change their world as they know it.


This beautiful story is about best friends that are so unique that they challenge the world around them. Sylvi is not a normal princess, she is the youngest and only girl within the royal family, and she would rather be outside than cooped up in the castle. Ebon is an unusually large pegasus, and he seems to have a real gift towards carving with his feather hands. As they grow closer, they even go flying (something that is the unspoken rule to never do). I liked how unique both of these characters are, and how they play off each other in their uniqueness.


I enjoyed this book, though I will admit that the ending left me hurting. I did not like the ending, and didn't want the book to end. I wanted it all to be wrapped up in a nice little bow... But I guess that is why Robin McKinley is (Thankfully) writing a sequel in this book.


I recommend this book, and I can't wait til the second book comes out in 2012.


Happy Reading!


Cana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!