Saturday, October 29, 2011

Destined for an Early Grave by Jeaniene Frost


Description:

Her deadly dreams leave her in grave danger
Since half-vampire Cat Crawfield and her undead lover Bones met six years ago, they've fought against the rogue undead, battled a vengeful Master vampire, and pledged their devotion with a blood bond. Now it's time for a vacation. But their hopes for a perfect Paris holiday are dashed when Cat awakes one night in terror. She's having visions of a vampire named Gregor who's more powerful than Bones and has ties to her past that even Cat herself didn't know about.
Gregor believes Cat is his and he won't stop until he has her. As the battle begins between the vamp who haunts her nightmares and the one who holds her heart, only Cat can break Gregor's hold over her. She'll need all the power she can summon in order to bring down the baddest bloodsucker she's ever faced . . . even if getting that power will result in an early grave.

My Review:





My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Cat and Bones are finally taking a vacation when dreams start haunting Cat, suggesting that her past is not all what she believes. When an older vampire comes claiming Cat as his own, hints of war and so much more start to spread through the supernatural world.


Of course, there is a lot of tension in this novel. Bones and Cat have an extreme fight, one that leaves you wondering what will happen between them. I know that I was a little frustrated with Cat, especially when she got mopey and ice cream gorging. There are moments where you want to cheer on Cat and Bones, times you want to scream at their stupidity, and cry for the things that are going on.


As usual, this book has action, romance, and mystery. And the surprises that kept popping up, AMAZING! There are new characters you meet, you re-meet some old characters, and of course, you loose some characters that you have grown to love.


I highly recommend this continuation of the Night Huntress novels, and am looking forward to reading more by Ms. Frost.

**Adult scenes involved.  Not appropriate for all readers.**


Happy Reading!


Cana

1 comment:

  1. I am a major fan of Jeaniene's. Love all her books, and Destined is my favorite of the Night Huntress series so far. There are two books already after it, and they are great too. But, Destined had such overwhelming highs and lows, I've never had a book have such a grip on me. The pain in the low parts brought me to my knees. The make-up scene in Chap. 26 is still one of the most heart wrenching I've ever read. Outside of Cat and Bones, Eternal Kiss of Darkness is my #1 fave. Mencheres even leaves Bones in the dust! Loved your review!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!