Friday, June 24, 2011

Cascade by Lisa T. Bergren

 Description
Gabi knows she’s left her heart in the fourteenth century and she persuades Lia to help her to return, even though they know doing so will risk their very lives. When they arrive, weeks have passed and all of Siena longs to celebrate the heroines who turned the tide in the battle against Florence—while the Florentines will go to great lengths to see them dead.

But Marcello patiently awaits, and Gabi must decide if she’s willing to leave her family behind for good in order to give her heart to him forever.


My Review


My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Cascade (River of Time, #2)

Gabi and Lia are at it again. This time, they take their mother with them (I can't say I would want to take my mother with me if I wanted to be with my "prince charming", but it does add some interesting situations for this story). Marcello has waited several months (his time) for Gabi and Lia to return. When they do, there is celebration, but people are still after them. The City of Florence and their leaders want Gabi and Lia's heads, while Siena celebrate their victories. But there is more. More battles, more betrayls, an introduction of the plague. There is little down time in this novel, and the adventure and tension of war keeps the pages turning.

I'm looking forward to the last book, though I think I shall also mourn the loss of more from Gabi and Lia. Highly recommend, definitely worth the read.



Cana


View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Glad it's keeping your interest. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with your readers. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!