Monday, May 16, 2011

Nightshade (Nightshade, #1)Nightshade by Michelle Rowen

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I started reading this book, and I must be honest, I thought the main character, Jill, was a bit panicy and whiny. Not because of the experiences she was going through (kidnapping, poisoned, etc), but because I think the book had to have someplace for her to grow, which I didn't realize at the time. I did like how Rowen described her hear. Declan (big bad 1/2 vampire man) is not your normal hero. He is not the world's standard of handsome, in fact there are several references to him being a "monster", which makes you think a little deeper into how looks effect our perspective because you begin to like Declan (Ok, I know I just went deep in a novel that really isn't, but deal with it! :0)). Then she seemed to start to grow a backbone... Of course this took a sex scene, a few deaths, and the beginning of what I feel is a weird love triangle. I wished that there had been a bit more background for Declan's and Matthias' characters. They both seemed to be similar, but missing something that would explain them better. In the end, I definitely recommend this book, and I'm hoping the 2nd book in this series is as good or better than the first.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!