Monday, January 5, 2015

Audio Review: I'm Dreaming of An Undead Christmas by Molly Harper

I'm Dreaming of an Undead Christmas (Half-Moon Hollow, #2.7)
 
 
Description:
 
It's Christmas in Half-Moon Hollow and newly turned vampire Iris Scanlon-Calix wants to make Gigi's first visit home from college as normal and special as possible. It's taken months for Iris to work up the nerve to spend time around her baby sister after her vampire transition, so she enlists help from Jane Jameson and Company to keep her blood-thirst under control and assure Gigi's safety.

Gigi, on the other hand, has problems of her own, including the demise of her relationship with high school sweetheart, Ben, and a looming job interview with Ophelia Lambert, the scariest potential employer in the Hollow. And then there's the small matter of the handsome, frustrating vampire who keeps appearing in Gigi's peripheral vision, then disappearing before she can talk to him.

Can the Scanlon sisters negotiate romantic problems, vampire politics, and Christmas cookie disasters and enjoy a relatively normal holiday?
 
 
Review:
I'm Dreaming of An Undead Christmas by Molly Harper
4 out of 5

 
 
Ok, so I loved this short story.  8 chapters of fun, plus a bonus chapter of recipes!
 
I love Gigi, she is wonderfully snarky, just like most of the other women in Half-moon Hollow.  And I love how she is so quick on her feet.
 
Who is this mysterious man who seems to pretty much be stalking Gigi?  I mean, he sounds delicious… And I personally would love to know more about him.
 
Collin’s vision of the future sounds grim, but I wonder if it might change, especially now with this mysterious guy in Gigi’s life… Hmmm
 
Nothing like a family Christmas to make life more…. Interesting.  Yes, that is the word I’ll use to describe family and holidays.  And the antics of the “made it myself” family of vampires, werewolves, and humans is hilarious… I love the laughing at them. 
 
Ophelia and her sister are some of the creepiest characters that I’ve ever met, but I love how they made such a point to hang out with the Scanlons and friends…
 
Dick with his hamster ball…. LOL, that was wonderful and classic! 
 
Overall, this is a cute and quick read (listening) book.  I highly recommend reading this, especially if you want to hear what Jane says… “Pocket Vampire”…. LOL!


Happy Reading!


Cana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!