Monday, September 1, 2014

The One by Kiera Cass


Description:

THE SELECTION changed the lives of thirty-five girls forever. Now, only one will claim Prince Maxon’s heart…

For the four girls who remain at the palace, the friendships they’ve formed, rivalries they’ve struggled with and dangers they’ve faced have bound them to each other for the rest of their lives.

Now, the time has come for one winner to be chosen.

America never dreamed she would find herself anywhere close to the crown – or to Prince Maxon’s heart. But as the competition approaches its end and the threats outside the palace walls grow more vicious, America realises just how much she stands to lose – and how hard she’ll have to fight for the future she wants.

The breathtaking finale to THE SELECTION trilogy will make you swoon!

Review:

The One by Kiera Cass

5 out of 5

So, I know I'm a little late getting to this book, but I'm so glad I got to it!  

What an opening!  Between rebels & the attempted seduction, you are going to keep guessing about this book and what is going to happen next!


A lot of interesting revelations in this book.  August and Georgia were very informative and revealing about the Northern rebels.  I wondered what else they will reveal, that could potentially be used in a spin off series?  Hmmm.

Gosh, I really despised the King.  His plotting and his controlling ways are suffocating.  And I can't stand it.  I didn't like what happens to him in the end, but I think it was needed to ensure what happens.  

I hadn't liked Celeste through out the series, but I will say that now that I understand why she did what she did mad her more likable.  Plus, she became so much cooler after that, especially with America.  

The Convicting is a horrible tradition.  A way to silence dissenters and give the appearance of justice.  I really loved the risk and sacrifice that America gave to give mercy instead of cold and unjust justice.  

It broke my heart about America's dad.  He was such a wonderful man.  And even with the loss, America showed her strength.  The way she put Kota in his place was fantastic.  And the letter her dad wrote to her was fantastic.  It really revealed a lot.  

OMGoodness!  Shalom is... was... a rebel... A Northern rebel.  I can't imagine what he has shared, what he has done, and what secrets he has kept.  

Oh dear... There was that moment when Kota called America out about Asen that I wasn't sure what to expect.  But when Maxon actually found out, and how he found out, that broke my heart.  

The amount of changes in the last few chapters will keep your your head spinning.  You really don't know what will happen until the very end, and I loved that!

I knew it!  You can verify it in my review of The Guard, I knew that Aspen should go after Lucy!  And Lucy truly deserved Aspen, her own knight in shining armour.  

I think the best line in the whole series was this: "This isn't happily ever after.  It's so much more than that."  I think it is perfect.

I feel so bad for all the losses after the Southern rebel invasion.  And the waiting period to find out who was lost was agonizing.  

Overall, this was an amazing, awesome, perfect book.  I loved how it ended the trilogy, but I'm so sorry to see it end.  If you haven't read this series, you really need to!

Happy Reading!

Cana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!