Thursday, July 18, 2013

Audio Book: Driving Mr. Dead by Molly Harper



Description:

HELL ON WHEELS

After failing as a magician's assistant, a photographer, and most recently, a bride, Miranda Puckett takes a position as a driver for Beeline, Half-Moon Hollow's premiere vampire concierge service. 

Miranda's assignment? Driving Collin Sutherland, the world's most fastidious vampire from Washington to Kentucky, so he can deliver a mysterious black case to Council official Ophelia Lambert.

Collin, a paranoid, aristocratic vampire with a debilitating fear of flying, refuses to let the case out of his sight. Miranda needs this time on the road to decide whether to permanently cut her ties with the fiance that had an "emotional affair" with a childhood pal, but Collin’s neatnik tendencies are driving her around the bend. The man acts as if leaving a fast food wrapped on the passenger seat is reason for a full-on CDC de-contamination scrub-down of the car. All she can do is promise to stop intentionally doing the things that make his stiff upper lip twitch with irritation. 

As more and more mishaps occur on the road trip from hell, Miranda and Collin work together to meet his delivery deadline. Hotel rooms are destroyed. Beloved cars are defiled. And somewhere along the line, client-driver hostilities become snarky flirtation. 

Will Collin and Miranda make it to the Hollow in one piece? And if they do, will Miranda leave old, safe relationships behind for something new and well, just plain weird?

Review:

Driving Mr. Dead by Molly Harper
5 out of 5

Of all of the books that I’ve read this year, this one is the funniest so far!  I loved it all the way through to the end!  I think I relate to this story even more because a year ago I did a cross country trip of moving my mom from Seattle, Washington to Upstate South Carolina… Thank God we didn’t have the events that transpired for Miranda and Collin. 

Miranda is a character that I absolutely love!  She is so relatable to me.  I mean, I’m accident prone, but she is like me to the extreme… to the point that you kind of want to avoid her in case you get caught in the cross fire!  I love how she is trying to find herself through her different jobs, and some of those prior job history stories made me giggle like a child high on sugar!

So, Collin’s OCD, overly-planned, ruled-by-rules lifestyle would drive me nuts!  But as he changed/evolved into a more likeable character, I think I started to like him. I mean, he loosened up, found a sense of humor and braved through the disastrous events that plagued his cross country trip.

The events of this trip make me glad that I’ve never had that many disasters happen to me at one time.  Between the rooster, the boobs, the ravine, the cellar (though some of that was just plain delish), the pawn shop, all the way to the final revelation of what they were transporting was hilarious.  I couldn’t help but be glad it wasn’t me!

Got to really meet Ophelia in this book.  I think I’m scared of a fictional character!  *Shiver

Overall, this is a very good book.  I highly recommend it!


Happy Reading!

Cana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!