Friday, November 2, 2012

Blood on Silk by Marie Treanor


Description:

While in Romania researching historical superstitions, Scottish academic Elizabeth Silk comes upon the folk tale of Saloman, a seductive prince staked centuries ago, legend's most powerful vampire. Now, in the ruins of a castle crypt, Elizabeth discovers supernatural legends that have come alive. Her blood has awakened him. Her innocence has aroused him. But Elizabeth unleashes more than Saloman's hunger, and it's going to unite them in ways neither could have imagined.

My Review:
Yummy!  That is what this delicious, sexy, confection of a book is.  The fact that the only reason I had to put the book down was because I had to work at both jobs (blah) and sleep (yea! And blah at the same time) should tell you how absolutely AMAZING this book is. 

Elizabeth is an amazing and relatable character.  Some of us have always seemed to be so lacking in some area that we desire to be more but we don’t know what to do.  Elizabeth is that way.  I think also how she is skeptic about the whole vampire thing is relatable.  I mean, I know a lot of us say that we believe, but if we actually met a vampire, would we even believe it?  Probably not. 

I also love how Elizabeth is actually slightly supernatural because of her ancestor’s vampire killing deeds.  Now, half is believable, with her training to fight, but the fact that she kept it together while she actually battled was a bit farfetched, but I loved how she did learn quickly to use her latent talents. 

Saloman is a delicious vampire, and honestly, I wouldn’t mind a little world domination with him.  He is centuries old, wise, but lonely.  I think that was the worst part of being contained in the crypt for him:  The loneliness.  I think after those 300 years, he might be willing to consider giving up the idea of world domination for Elizabeth.  Though I don’t know if he realizes it. 

I love how Ms. Treanor takes history and gives it a new twist, mixing it with yummy vampires, strong vampire hunters, magic, and other supernatural creatures.  I can’t help but love it all!

I think my favorite part of the whole book, though, was how Ms. Treanor gives a new version of vampires.  Salomon is an Ancient, which is a race of vampires that were the forerunner to the modern vampire.  They are so similar, but so different at the same time.  Plus, you add the added power to be received for each vampire killed, which makes the hunters or vampires stronger. What a great way to set up a whole new vampire myth. 

Overall, a great book!  I’m so looking forward to finishing this series, and reading more by Ms. Treanor.  Highly Recommended!


Happy Reading!

Cana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to comment... I'll promise I'll do my best to respond to all of you!